Reliant Central
Please Log in to continue
Reliant Central
Please Log in to continue
Reliant Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for owners and lovers of all things Reliant

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mk1 Robin off to the USA!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
knac1234

mk1 Robin off to the USA! Empty
PostSubject: mk1 Robin off to the USA!   mk1 Robin off to the USA! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:12 am

Hello all,

I just acquired a Reliant Robin that is currently being loaded onto a ship bound for the USA!

I grew up in the UK, and so have a few Brit classics over here, but know little about the Robin. Add to that the fact that there is maybe 10-12 on the whole continent, and I have few resources to turn to until the car shows up--with a Haynes manual in it!

When it gets here, as it is a bit of a project, I want to replace all fluids and filters, and get the brakes in proper working order.

Is there a cross reference anywhere online that gives me possible equivalents for shoes, flexi hoses, oil and air filters.....frankly any and all parts?? For example, for my Imp I can get an oil filter in the States......but cannot get an air filter and must get it direct from the UK.

Any help appreciated!  I also found another forum that I joined awaiting approval, so might see some of you about there......

Cheers,

Julian
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: mk1 Robin off to the USA!   mk1 Robin off to the USA! EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 6:43 am

Hi Julian, I don't knwo of the exact sizes for brake hoses ect but things can always be posted to you .. i know most the companies will post overseas
Back to top Go down
https://reliant.forumotion.co.uk
knac1234

PostSubject: Re: mk1 Robin off to the USA!   mk1 Robin off to the USA! EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks for the reply!

You are right, having dealt with a great guy named Malcolm Anderson for my Imp, and several others from the UK, shipping items is not too bad. 

I am just hoping that some things might have a more common equivalent that I can get quickly in the US.  I am assuming that the electrics are Lucas, so probably some kind of Leyland or BMC product probably uses the same coil, cap, rotor, etc.....   Just from pictures, for example, I can tell that the inner door handle is a late model MGB one......which I can get in 24 hours from Moss that is about 200 miles away.

Any thoughts.....let me know! 

How about a workshop manual and parts book reprints......are these available?  Owners handbooks??

Looking forward to chatting with you all once I get her over here.

Cheers,
Julian
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: mk1 Robin off to the USA!   mk1 Robin off to the USA! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 am

Hi we have a rep in the states i can pass your details across to him if you would like?
Back to top Go down
https://reliant.forumotion.co.uk
knac1234

PostSubject: Re: mk1 Robin off to the USA!   mk1 Robin off to the USA! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:47 am

Please do!  As admin, you probably can get my email address.  If not, let me know and I will PM you.

Cheers
Julian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mk1 Robin off to the USA!   mk1 Robin off to the USA! Empty

Back to top Go down

mk1 Robin off to the USA!
Page 1 of 1