Reliant Central
Please Log in to continue
Reliant Central
Please Log in to continue
Reliant Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for owners and lovers of all things Reliant

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reliant Robin LX (1990)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sean_tubby

sean_tubby

Reliant Robin LX (1990) Empty
PostSubject: Reliant Robin LX (1990)   Reliant Robin LX (1990) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi there, I have a query regarding Reliant radiators and need some assistance please! I have recently purchased a Reliant Robin LX and the radiator is leaking pretty bad. I have heard that certain models of Mini radiators fit in to a Reliant Robin and are more efficient/ better??

Has anyone ever carried out this swap before and, if so, it is a worthwhile modification and is it a straight swap? I need a new rad either way so wanted to check what the best option was first.

Thank you in advance, Sean
Back to top Go down
AMAM

AMAM

PostSubject: Re: Reliant Robin LX (1990)   Reliant Robin LX (1990) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

the mini radiator was fitted to later reliants with the plastic top, they are really no bigger than the current radiator fitted but you would need to drill out of the current radiator brackets and make new one, you'd also need the other bottom hose

it would be quicker just to buy the reliant radiator as they are around the same price too
Back to top Go down
sean_tubby

sean_tubby

PostSubject: Re: Reliant Robin LX (1990)   Reliant Robin LX (1990) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:47 am

Perfect - that was the answer I was looking for!

Any ideas of the best place to get a Reliant Robin rad? or is it a case of them being all around the same price? I'm looking at around £80 by the looks of things. Does that sound about right for a new one?

Thanks again for the reply
Back to top Go down
AMAM

AMAM

PostSubject: Re: Reliant Robin LX (1990)   Reliant Robin LX (1990) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:24 am

sean_tubby wrote:
Perfect - that was the answer I was looking for!

Any ideas of the best place to get a Reliant Robin rad? or is it a case of them being all around the same price? I'm looking at around £80 by the looks of things. Does that sound about right for a new one?

Thanks again for the reply

well castle hill garage in Norfolk sell a alloy version of the reliant radiator for £65, you need a new bottom hose too for £10 so that's still cheaper than your £80 budget
Back to top Go down
sean_tubby

sean_tubby

PostSubject: Re: Reliant Robin LX (1990)   Reliant Robin LX (1990) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:20 pm

Another good option, thank you - although I'm in Southampton so the fuel money or postage might knock it over slightly!

I have decided to get my old rad re-cored, a much cheaper option (around £35)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reliant Robin LX (1990)   Reliant Robin LX (1990) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reliant Robin LX (1990)
Page 1 of 1