Reliant Central
Please Log in to continue
Reliant Central
Please Log in to continue
Reliant Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for owners and lovers of all things Reliant

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
phade

phade

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it)   1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 3:08 am

Hi everyone,

I decided to finally replace my SE's (half working) Tudor volt meter for a brand new Smiths one that actually works:-

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0241

I also added an extra earth strap from the timing cover to the chassis as the dashboard's earth wires were too short:-

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0245

I also found out the cause of the "leak". I think it was caused by the knackered plastic sheets inside the front doors (which I plan to replace tomorrow), which formed a lot of condensation (I originally thought that the windscreen rubber was leaking from the top edge).
Back to top Go down
phade

phade

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it)   1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:29 am

Replaced door's inner plastic sheets

Hi everyone,

I decided to get my Rialto SE into the garage and replaced it's knackered inner door plastic sheets earlier today. Here's what the driver's one looks like (I didn't take any other pics):-

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0246
Back to top Go down
phade

phade

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it)   1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:41 am

Replaced the igntion coil and fitted a front mud flap

Old ignition coil (that was covered in oil, especially on it's base) that was well past it:-

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0253

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0254

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0255

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0256

New Lucas DLB110 ballast sports ignition coil fitted:-

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0250

The difference between the two igniti0n coils was immediately obvious. The car started up straight away unlike it's old ignition coil.

I also fitted a front mud flap to my Rialto SE as it didn't have one since I've owned it.

The remains of the front mud flap's mounting plate (there were no remains of the old mud flap):-

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0252

New mud flap (from AzzY) fitted:-

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0248
Back to top Go down
phade

phade

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it)   1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:19 am

Replaced my blue Rialto SE's thermostat and short length of vacuum hose

Hi eveyrone,

I decided to replace my blue Rialto SE's blank 88˚C "thermostat" (the coolant temp barely crept beyond "C" on it's temperature gauge) with a new 88˚C thermostat with a bypass valve.   The coolant temp is now consistent and the temp gauge now reads just under half way.

I also replaced it's short length of vacuum hose (distributor vacuum pipe to "flame trap") with a short length of 2.5mm nitrile hose as I was able to move the old vacuum hose with one finger with the engine running.

Anyway, I'll let the pics do the talking....

Old blank 88˚C thermostat (with a tiny bypass hole)

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0564

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0565

New 88˚C thermostat with they bypass valve

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0566

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0567

Old vacuum hose

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0568

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 IMG_0569
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it)   1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

1989 Rialto SE Hatch - my very first Reliant (and I've still got it)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2