Reliant Central
Please Log in to continue
Reliant Central
Please Log in to continue
Reliant Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for owners and lovers of all things Reliant

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oil Sump

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kay EWU

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Oil Sump   Oil Sump EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 5:05 am

Hi all, can you kindly confirm that the oil sump pan (part 6138) is used on all Reliants?  
I have a Robin R Reg 1998 which has been laid up  for a while due to me  being unable to drive due to frozen shoulder and a fair amount of oil is leaking from it.  The other half decided to pressure wash the engine to try to find the cause of said oil leak and he thinks he shifted enough rust from the sump that it looks more like a cheese-grater and now there is no oil registering on the dipstick!

He reckons he found a mention on the internet that someone was once producing aluminium rocker box covers, are these still available? I was hoping to dip into the wisdom of the old Reliant forum and was shocked to find it no more  Shocked  It would be good if at least the technical bits of the archived files could be accessed.

New forum looking good - one question though - can you change the colours? particularly for quoted text which are showing up as black text on a black background unless I high-light with the mouse.

Thanks in anticipation Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Sump   Oil Sump EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 7:08 am

Unfortunatly all posts from the old forum are now none existent, I am sure someone will pop along in a few minutes and answer your question
Back to top Go down
https://reliant.forumotion.co.uk
Admin
Admin

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Sump   Oil Sump EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 7:51 am

Kay EWU wrote:

New forum looking good - one question though - can you change the colours? particularly for quoted text which are showing up as black text on a black background unless I high-light with the mouse.

Forum quotation colours have now been changed, please let me know if that is of any help
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Sump   Oil Sump EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 7:53 am

Kay EWU wrote:
Hi all, can you kindly confirm that the oil sump pan (part 6138) is used on all Reliants?  
I have a Robin R Reg 1998 which has been laid up  for a while due to me  being unable to drive due to frozen shoulder and a fair amount of oil is leaking from it.  The other half decided to pressure wash the engine to try to find the cause of said oil leak and he thinks he shifted enough rust from the sump that it looks more like a cheese-grater and now there is no oil registering on the dipstick!

He reckons he found a mention on the internet that someone was once producing aluminium rocker box covers, are these still available? I was hoping to dip into the wisdom of the old Reliant forum and was shocked to find it no more  Shocked  It would be good if at least the technical bits of the archived files could be accessed.

According to my information source the 850, 750 and 700cc reliant engines all use the same Sump, however we are unsure about the 600cc.
Back to top Go down
mogra33

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Sump   Oil Sump EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 am

hi kay ewu I have a new alloy rocker cover for sale if you want its£70 but don't know how much p/p would be if you want .?
Back to top Go down
AMAM

AMAM

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Sump   Oil Sump EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 pm

all sump pans are exactly the same for 850 engines
Back to top Go down
Kay EWU

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Sump   Oil Sump EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks very much for the info and the new colours are much better!
Sorry I have not replied - I've been busy with family issues but we now have a replacement oil sump cover and gaskets, I just need himoutdoors to fit it!  I have been advised not to drive for a while until my frozen shoulder gets a bit better (gearstick arm) but am going to suggest that "EWU" needs a run and so it needs oil and therefore a sump; himself does enjoy taking it for a spin so it should'nt take too much persuasion.

Thanks about the info re the alloy rocker cover, I have passed the info onto himself who will doubtless let me know if he thinks it would be a good idea - noise reduction?
Thank you again everyone who replied.
Back to top Go down
AMAM

AMAM

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Sump   Oil Sump EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:00 am

Kay EWU wrote:
Thanks very much for the info and the new colours are much better!
Sorry I have not replied - I've been busy with family issues but we now have a replacement oil sump cover and gaskets, I just need himoutdoors to fit it!  I have been advised not to drive for a while until my frozen shoulder gets a bit better (gearstick arm) but am going to suggest that "EWU" needs a run and so it needs oil and therefore a sump; himself does enjoy taking it for a spin so it should'nt take too much persuasion.

Thanks about the info re the alloy rocker cover, I have passed the info onto himself who will doubtless let me know if he thinks it would be a good idea - noise reduction?
Thank you again everyone who replied.

I have a alloy rocker cover on my engine, more oil tight and quieter at speed Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oil Sump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Sump   Oil Sump Empty

Back to top Go down

Oil Sump
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reliant Central  :: Reliant 3-wheeler-
Jump to: