It's been a while since I posted about my kitten so i thought i would take the time to inform you of her latest antics ...
Geoff decided he would use her for work whilst his bike was having a well deserved rest, However one morning whilst on his way to work a lady decided she would allow her car to try and mate with the rear end of my kitten
Luckily after having it inspected at a classic car garage they said that there wasn't any structural damage.
After a few more days of using her Geoff informed me that she had begun to leak water again .. but the loss of water was puzzeling as she would only lose it when parked up, so we began the slow task of eliminating various things that it could be, finally with her still loosing water the only other option left was the head gasket, so we purchased another one and hoped that it would arrive in time to do the christmas road run, since the oil and water had not mixed we continued to use the car but to keep it steady as we drove around where we needed to go, the day before the Christmas road run and typically we filled the car with Fuel then noticed the water had all vanished, checked in the rocker cover to find a disgusting oil and water mix
The engine was soon in pieces and the block sent away to be skimmed, when it arrived back the engine was put back together and we began to use the car again, when it came to re-torque the head however we hit a problem, a rather big issue, the stud pulled straight out of the block, the only option would be to heli-coil the block and hope that it fitted back in, and worked correctly, but of course we did not have those tools readily avaliable so the only option was to change the engine for the one destined for the MK2 Robin.
We swapped everything over from my engine block and re-fitted it to the car, fantastic i thought, my car can be used again, sadly it was not to be the core plug and water pump failed and so we had to remove the engine to change the core plug, then source a replacement pump, but it was soon sorted.
Then after 3 months i went to check the oil and water to find that the head gasket had gone again! so now we were stranded, no head gasket and two broken engines, a very good friend sent us the parts that we needed to repair my original engine and so the heli-coil task was done, head gasket replaced again on the original engine and then put back in the car, thankfully the car seems to be holding up well and we only have the task of Re-torquing the head to do.
the latest picture of my kitten is this one .. though she seems a bit shy